You know that thing you’ve been thinking about doing? Why Not Now? This show has been created because I believe the world will be a better place if more people ask themselves, “Why Not Now?” Each episode you’ll hear from a professional Why Notter and learn how they answered the question and took action so you can too.
Aleena Valdez is a 13-year old entrapreneur and philanthropist. After presenting her Powerpoint business plan to her family in order to receive funding, she’s started her own business at age 11. That’s when she decided she wanted to give back too. Aleena now donates a portion of her proceeds to kids living with cancer at Phoenix Children’s Hospital. Last year she donated more than $1,000. Aleena and I created a leadership conference for young girls called Girls For Progress. The first one took place in Phoenix (2016). This year, we’re expanding the footprint by taking the conference to Austin as well.
- Aleena shares her Why Not Now? moment – when she decided to start her business at age 11
- Aleena talks about what she had to do to make her business a reality.
- What it’s like to play football with mostly boys and what she says when the people tell her she plays like a girl.
- Aleena’s thoughts on equal pay. She shares a calculation that will blow your mind.
- Update on Girls For Progress, the young girls leadership conference Aleena created last year.
- How Aleena is proving you’re never too young to change the world.
- Aleena’s favorite books.
- What advice Aleena would give to her younger self.
The first 200 listeners to rate and leave an honest review of the Why Not Now? podcast on iTunes get a free month subscription to Headspace and a signed copy of my NY Times Bestseller, Renegades Write the Rules. After reviewing, email your iTunes handle and mailing address to WhyNotNow@AmyJoMartin.com. Or, simply want a 10-day free trial of Headspace right now? Click here.