You know that thing you’ve been thinking about doing? Why Not Now? This show has been created because I believe the world will be a better place if more people ask themselves, “Why Not Now?” Each episode you’ll hear from a professional Why Notter and learn how they answered the question and took action so you can too.
Lewis Howes is a former professional athlete turned entrapreneur. He’s gone from sleeping on his sister’s couch in Ohio to building an online empire. The coolest things about Lewis though, in my humble opinion, is that his hustle-factor IS his differentiating factor. And he gives the best bear hugs! Lewis is doing some very important work and you’ll want to hear about what he’s up to. Guaranteed inspiration.
The first 200 listeners to rate and leave an honest review of the Why Not Now? podcast on iTunes get a free month subscription to Headspace and a signed copy of my NY Times Bestseller, Renegades Write the Rules. See below for details.
- Lewis’s Why Not Now? moment (9:00)
- Lewis recaps his experience at the Olympics in Rio (10:00)
- Michael Phelps at the Olympics (11:14)
- I ask Lewis a very important question (11:52)
- Was there a tipping point for him in his career? (14:20)
- Can a person learn charisma? (16:15)
- What Lewis did to improve his public speaking skills. (17:24)
- “People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care.” (19:00)
- The key to a fulfilled life. Lewis explains why life is not about being the king or queen of diamonds, it’s about being the king or queen of hearts. (20:46)
- How a big long hug doesn’t equate to good math skills, and why it doesn’t have to (23:17)
- Lewis talks through his experiences with creating a safe place for men to be their authentic selves and not play a role or be an act, guided by his own inner demons and feelings. Having a space for men to express themselves in an open and vulnerable way (26:16)
- Supporting the man’s man in todays day and age. (30:00)
- What’s the one piece of advice Lewis would give to someone struggling with their partner opening up (33:20)
- How do you keep your mind healthy? (35:30)
- Lewis get’s his “Why Not Now” on! He’s has some good ones up his sleeve. (38:23)
- I ask Lewis what it is that he does to decide what comes first and when he knows his game-on moment has arrived when tackling new projects. (41:00)
- Rapid fire (43:40)
- Being drunk on life and wanting to feel everything (45:00)
- What keeps you up at night? (49:05)
- What are you reading right now? (50:09)
- What advice would you give to your younger self? (51:04)
Book & Website mentioned:
- Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- School of Greatness by Lewis Howes
- Summit of Greatness event hosted by Lewis Howes
The first 200 listeners to rate and leave an honest review of the Why Not Now? podcast on iTunes get a free month subscription to Headspace and a signed copy of my NY Times Bestseller, Renegades Write the Rules. After reviewing, email your iTunes handle and mailing address to [email protected] Or, simply want a 10-day free trial of Headspace right now? Click here.
To get 25% off of all Withings products and free shipping, simply use this code when you’re checking out on Withings.com: WhyNotNow25