You know that thing you’ve been thinking about doing? Why Not Now? This show has been created because I believe the world will be a better place if more people ask themselves, “Why Not Now?” Each episode you’ll hear from a professional Why Notter and learn how they answered the question and took action so you can too.
Liz Powers is the co-founder of ArtLifting, one of the most innovative companies out there (in my opinion). She’s also a Forbes 30 Under 30 social entrepreneur. Her for profit, do-good and do-well, company helps homeless and disabled individuals sell their artwork so they can put a roof over their heads and access new opportunity. ArtLifting has built the solution to a problem into their product. Their economic model is the way of the future. Liz boot-strapped the company to six figures and now has investors like Blake Mycoskie, founder of TOMS shoes. Liz has been featured on national TV programs like the TODAY show. Some of her clients include Google and Staples. And she’s just getting started!
- Liz shares a Why Not Now? moment that resulted in the launch of her company.
- Liz talks through the difference between a non-profit and a for profit + for purpose (benefit corp) company.
- The benefits of “do good and do well” double bottomline benefit corporations.
- How Liz got her start, bootstrapping with $4k and zero outside funding for the first phase of the company.
- Biggest challenges for benefit corporations.
- The marketing upside for do good, do well companies.
- Liz describes the qualities she admires in her mentor.
- What is Liz reading?
- What keeps Liz up at night?
- What advice Liz would give to her younger self.
Listeners who rate and leave an honest review of the Why Not Now? podcast on iTunes get a free month subscription to Headspace and a signed copy of my NY Times Bestseller, Renegades Write the Rules. After reviewing, email your iTunes handle and mailing address to [email protected] Or, simply want a 10-day free trial of Headspace right now? Click here.