You know that thing you’ve been thinking about doing? Why Not Now? This show has been created because I believe the world will be a better place if more people ask themselves, “Why Not Now?” Each episode you’ll hear from a professional Why Notter and learn how they answered the question and took action so you can too.
Maren Kate Donovan has some invaluable advice to offer as a result of her personal experience. In 2015, Maren was running her company, Zirtual, which had an $11-million run-rate and appeared to be very healthy. Due to some factors that Maren speaks about very candidly in this episode, the company suddenly came to a halt and had to let go of all its 400+ employees. How does this type of situation happen overnight? Maren will explain. She also talks about what she did next and how she got through the situation. As I’ve mentioned many times on the show, I feel strongly that entrepreneurs share their stories and lessons in order to pay them forward so other people can avoid the same mistakes. I appreciate Maren being vulnerable and doing just that.
- How a Why Not Now? moment led to Maren starting her first company.
- Maren talks about the process of raising money and its impact on the core business daily operations.
- What it means to be “growing broke” and how to prevent the situation.
- Maren explains the three factors that brought Zirtual down.
- What Maren did to recover from the intense situation.
- Maren’s new company and the very first step she took when deciding to green light her idea.
- What keeps Maren up at night.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON…
Why Not Now? Show Partners:
Why Not Now? show is full of taboo topics. Visit poopourri.com and get 20% off Poo~Pourri with code WHYNOTNOW. This pure blend of essential oils stops bathroom odor before it begins.