You know that thing you’ve been thinking about doing? Why Not Now? This show has been created because I believe the world will be a better place if more people ask themselves, “Why Not Now?” Each episode you’ll hear from a professional Why Notter and learn how they answered the question and took action so you can too.
Rehan Choudhry is all things beautiful. He’s the founder of A Beautiful Perspective and the Life Is Beautiful festival. As his good friend, I’ve witnessed him experience life’s beautiful mess. He’s seen some very high highs and very low lows over the past few years. We’ve been on a similar rollercoaster ride and both found ourselves no longer aligned with the “founder” seat we created. We discuss how he’s navigating through life’s beautiful mess both personally and professionally. He doesn’t hold back. We hear the “fall 7 times and stand up 8” inspirational quotes but we don’t talk about HOW to do this and WHAT made us fall. Rehan shares those details. I admire his fierce bravery. I’m proud to be along for the ride on his new venture, A Beautiful Perspective, which just launched. He’s building a world-changing community by bridging the virtual world (media platform) and physical world (live events).
- Rehan shares a messy Why Not Now? that involved leaving the successful company he founded and starting over from scratch.
- Rehan dissects exactly how and when his ego took over and he lost sight of his original intentions with his first company.
- We discuss situations where the founder of a company is no longer aligned with the company they built.
- How to mobilize the social issue marches and protests into good, positive action that creates change.
- We discuss the state of the music festival industry. How festivals originated and why they were started juxtaposed with where they are today. From Woodstock’s youthful movement of activism to Coachella’s Utopia environment lacking empowerment and taking action. Where does Rehan’s new company fit in and what is he intending to re-create?
- How a shift in media and live events can impact the horrendous teenage suicide percentages.
- Rehan’s first live event: The Emerge Music + Impact Conference in Las Vegas, NV.
- How Rehan keeps his mind healthy.
- Rehan’s recent “Why Not Now?” moment.
- What Rehan is reading right now and his all-time favorite book?
- What keeps Rehan up at night?
- Pirates or Ninjas, who’s tougher in Rehan’s opinion?
- What advice Rehan would give to his younger self?
Reference Links and Books:
- Follow A Beautiful Perspective via their website, Instagram, Twitter & Facebook,
- Follow Rehan on Twitter, LinkedIN, Instagram & Facebook
- Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
- Creativity, Inc. by Ed Catmull and Amy Wallace
- Thrive by Arianna Huffington
Listeners who rate and leave an honest review of the Why Not Now? podcast on iTunes get a free month subscription to Headspace and a signed copy of my NY Times Bestseller, Renegades Write the Rules. After reviewing, email your iTunes handle and mailing address to [email protected] Or, simply want a 10-day free trial of Headspace right now? Click here.