You know that thing you’ve been thinking about doing? Why Not Now? This show has been created because I believe the world will be a better place if more people ask themselves, “Why Not Now?” Each episode you’ll hear from a professional Why Notter and learn how they answered the question and took action so you can too.
Dr. Tererai Trent is Oprah Winfrey’s all-time favorite guest and her story is nothing short of amazing. By age 18, Tererai was a mother of four and she had no education. She wrote her dreams down on a piece of paper and buried it in the earth to grow. Today, Tererai has her Ph.D and she’s built 11 schools for girls in Zimbabwe where she’s from.
In this episode, we learn about two types of hunger. The Little Hunger, which is what you seek for instant gratification, and The Great Hunger, which is what gives your life purpose. Tererai walks us through how to identify our Great Hunger.
Her new book, The Awakened Woman, has a chapter called Reclaiming your voice. I ask Tererai about her thoughts on the current paradigm shift we’re witnessing with women breaking their silence. She has a unique point-of-view on how women can choose to be accountable for contributing toward a solution versus being pegged as a victim.
- Tererai talks about the moment she decided to write her dreams down and bury them. Why did she do this and what was her thought-process?
- The question you should ask yourself if you want to identify your Great Hunger which will make your life more meaningful.
- What happened when Dr. Tererai went on The Oprah Show.
- Tererai’s perspective on the current groundswell of women speaking up.
- What Tererai did after Oprah told her she wasn’t going to write her book foreward. (Eventually she did.)
- Advice Tererai would give to her younger self.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON…
Why Not Now? Show Partners:
Why Not Now? show is full of taboo topics. Visit poopourri.com and get 20% off Poo~Pourri with code WHYNOTNOW. This pure blend of essential oils stops bathroom odor before it begins.