You know that thing you’ve been thinking about doing? Why Not Now? This show has been created because I believe the world will be a better place if more people ask themselves, “Why Not Now?” Each episode you’ll hear from a professional Why Notter and learn how they answered the question and took action so you can too.
- Joel’s Why Not Now? moment. Choosing between law school or journalism. The factors that came into play when deciding between the two very difference paths.
- What happened when Joel interviewed Ellen Degeneres about the lesbian fish in the Finding Dory movie.
- Joel reached out to an internet troll, who had been trolling him for a long time, and invited her to lunch. They met up! How did it go down?
- The time George Clooney came to dinner at Joel’s home and they ended up in the attic with a flashlight.
- Joel shares the best writing tips I’ve ever come across.
- We discuss writer’s block. It’s not a thing according to Joel. “It’s like workout block.” Writers block is actually something else.
- What does personal branding have to do with a person’s funeral? We discuss.
- Joel’s new book. Real talk about the challenges and how Joel works through road blocks.
- Can a person learn how to write comedy? Yes. Joel shares how.
- How to find your writing voice. Incredible suggestion on how to do this.
- What advice Joel would give to his younger self?
- Man Made: A Stupid Quest for Masculinity by Joel Stein
- Old Age: A Beginner’s Guide by Michael Kinsley
Why Not Now? Show Partners:
Why Not Now? show is full of taboo topics. Visit poopourri.com and get 20% off Poo~Pourri with code WHYNOTNOW. This pure blend of essential oils stops bathroom odor before it begins.