Suzy Batiz’s story is full of resilience and resonance. She is the founder of Poo-Pourri, a $300 million company. She’s navigated through two bankruptcies and now she says she does nothing to make money, yet she has a lot of money because it’s a side effect. She’s not ready to sell because she’s still having fun.
- Suzy’s Why Not Now? is to build her own personal brand. She talks about why she was resistant to build her personal brand. She has overcome her own insecurities and social conditioning. “Being humble doesn’t mean don’t let your light shine.”
- Suzy gives specific advice to anyone who is ready to take a first step in starting a company, ready to walk the bridge between dreaming and doing.
- How and what to pay attention to in order to decide if your entrepreneurial idea is right for you.
- The science behind our internal GPS system also sometimes referred to as “intuition”. What cellular biologists have taught Suzy about the basic physics around resonance and constructive interference. When two energy waves that are on similar wave paths create more energy than they do apart they are in resonance.
- Suzy talks about how the wildly successful Poo~Pourri has never had a business plan and why.
- Suzy shares the Why Not Now? moments when she has turned down offers to sell her company.
- Having been through bankruptcy twice, Suzy talks about what it’s like to rebuild and what kept her going.
- Suzy tells us about the very moment Poo~Pourri was discovered as a wildly successful solution for bathroom odor and the very next step that followed.
- We discuss the difference in finding purpose in a company vs. purpose in a product. Two very different things. Suzy talks about her company’s Poo~mandments.
- How Suzy keeps her mind healthy.
- Pirates or Ninjas, who is tougher according to Suzy?
- Suzy’s favorite book, what keeps her up at night and advice she’d give to her younger self.
Books & Reference Links: