Maureen Sherry spent 12 years on Wall Street and became the youngest Managing Director at one of the biggest investment firms in the world. She navigated through the mortgage crisis and frat party, bro-culture environment while being a mother, wife and sole breadwinner in her family. She has stories to tell. Reese Witherspoon has optioned Maureen’s book, Opening Belle
, and is making a movie out of the book. The story is equal parts fascinating, comical, inspiring and shocking. Reese will play Maureen on the big screen. This tale is a powerful tool in helping women progress in the workplace.
- Maureen talks about spending 12 years on Wall Street as a young women navigating through a bro-culture.
- Maureen’s Why Not Now? moment and why she decided to leave Wall Street.
- Advice for women.
- Why Maureen didn’t sign non-disclosure when she left her investment firm.
- How she keeps her mind healthy.
- Something Maureen has been thinking about doing that would be the first of its kind.
- What Maureen is reading right now.
- What keeps Maureen up at night.
Book & Websites mentioned:
Learn more about Maureen: https://www.maureensherry.com/
Follow Maureen: https://www.instagram.com/maureensherrybooks/
Get Amy Jo’s newsletter: https://amyjomartin.activehosted.com/f/21
Join the Why Not Now? Private Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/whynotnowpodcast/
Follow Amy Jo…
Why Not Now? Insta: http://www.instagram.com/whynotnow
Buy Amy Jo’s Book: https://amyjomartin.shop/collections/frontpage/products/renegades