Dr. Jen Welter is the first female NFL coach. She didn’t ask permission or get an invite to be the first, she plowed her way through to making history. Literally. The 5’2″ Jen Welter was also the first woman to play a “contact” position in a male dominant sport when she played on the Texas Revolution team. Her story about how she got the job coaching with the Arizona Cardinals is somethings we can all learn from. Someone has to be first. “Why Not Now? Why Not Me?” Oh, and Jen has her PhD in psychology. She’s kind of a big deal.
- Jen shares her journey that led to a history-making Why Not Now? moment.
- Tales from the time Jen became the first female to play contact position in men’s professional football.
- The role Jen’s mentors played in helping her navigate through something that’s never been done.
- Who took a chance on Jen?
- What was “locker room talk” sound like when she was a player and coach.
- What advice Jen would give to someone who wanted to do something that hasn’t been done.
Book & Websites mentioned:
To learn more about monday dot com, and for a free trial, go to http://hey.monday.com/amyjomartin
To learn more about the Renegade Accelerator, go to http://renegadeaccelerator.com/
Get Amy Jo’s newsletter: amyjomartin.activehosted.com/f/21
Join the Why Not Now? Private Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/whynotnowpodcast/
Follow Amy Jo…
Why Not Now? Insta: www.instagram.com/whynotnow
Buy Amy Jo’s Book: https://amyjomartin.shop/collections/frontpage/products/renegades